Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Teachers as Writers and Models

It is so important for teachers to model what they want to teach; this is part of the learning process. As soon as an infant can identify with its parent, he/she begins to learn. This comes about because parents model.

When students observe their teacher working in unison with them, the skill that the teacher is conveying becomes pertinent to them.

Mr. Gillespie's article states that when we don't exercise writing, it becomes harder to write when given the task to write. I find this to be so true. I did a lot of writing while doing my graduate studies, however, after I was finished, my writing also diminished. I regret not keeping up with my writing training because I do find it hard to write although I enjoy writing so much.Therefore, I'm glad that I'm participating in the institute, and I will commit myself to write more, not just to myself but also with my students.

No comments: