Monday, July 16, 2007

Joyce Armstrong Carroll: The Language Game

When given the opportunity to write, students tend to do just that--write. They see revision as an unnecessary task because they don't like to reread their piece.

Ms. Carroll's piece is an enlightenment to my spirit. "Coding Clues", what a great idea. Students will actually see it as a game. This practice gives students the opportunity to go over grammar; which I really think is an important element of the writing process. It will also empower students with their writing because they have the responsibility of coding before handing in their paper, thus actually reviewing their paper.

I'll definitely be using this strategy in my class.

2 comments:

Kinderbeanie :) said...

Hi Lourdes,

Thank you for sharing your idea(s) of implementation in your classroom. It is great that you could find something useful. I wonder how you will enourage your peers to use some of these same techniques???

Joyce :)

Rays of Light said...

First, I have to share this summer institute with other LA teachers. Then I will definitely, train my ESL teachers.