Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Coping with Tragic Events

Tragic events are very hard to cope with; not only for adults, but especially for children.

The tragic of 911 has been scarred in my heart for life. I had a view of ground zero once when flying over Manhattan to land at LaGuardia. It was horrifying. I saw a big, black hole that had swallowed part of the city. Although I have visited NY many times after 911, I've not been able to visit Manhattan. I empathize with Katrina victims and feel that the NWP did a GREAT thing for these children. Way to go!

3 comments:

Kinderbeanie :) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinderbeanie :) said...

Hi Lourdes,

Regardless of "size" of the event--our kids go through many tragic events every day. Hopefully, this article will help you find ways to help your learners. Any ideas on how this might apply in your room?

Joyce :)

Rays of Light said...

I think that having a well-prepared lesson plan; using books, media, life experiences,etc. is a good way of implementing some tragic or terrible event.