Monday, July 30, 2007

New Adventures for Stellaluna

You’re not going to believe this, but my colleagues back at school think I’m an odd ball anyway because, not only am I Puerto Rican but also from New York. However, I’ve already e-mail my principal to inform her of all the new ideas I have which I’m going to incorporate in my ESL classes.

At the beginning of each school term, my principal allows me to present strategies on how core teachers can help my ESL students write in their classes. I start from lesson planning to ideas on what to write and how to get that writing done. The teachers appreciate this information but don’t necessary use it in their classes. Therefore, I’m stuck in teaching the writing process to my kids and, practically, that’s the only writing they do.

This year will be different. Not only am I going to show them everything that I’ve learned here, but I’m also going to do follow-up to see how they have integrated writing in their classes.

Finally, I’m going to try and have a writing talent show for my ESL students and publish their writing! Wish me LUCK! If you have any ideas, please e-mail me and share.

No comments: